OTRS – Web Services from 3.1.2 to 3.1.4+

Posted on June 6, 2012

UPDATE:  I’ve now created sample files and posted a quick run-through on what’s needed to use them.

When OTRS was upgraded from 3.1.2 to 3.1.4, it seemed that web services were broken.  After upgrading, my form-to-ticket processing page quit working.  I did some investigating within OTRS documentation, as well as looking at the included rpc-example.pl script to see if I could figure out what, if anything, had changed.  I went back out to their site and looked at the release notes for 3.1.4 to see if it could shed any light on the situation.  Well, in the release notes, it indicates that it fixes “Bug#8363 – SOAP Transport can’t send a value ‘0’”.   “OK then”, I say.  They did something with the web services and broke something else.  Since I knew 3.1.2 web services worked, and I needed them, I just stuck with 3.1.2.

It’s been a few weeks now and they’ve released 3.1.5 and 3.1.6 now.  I decided to download 3.1.6 and see if they “fixed” the web services problem.  Well, after upgrading my system to 3.1.6, web services STILL didn’t work!  Well, either they didn’t really care about web services, or I was missing something!

I started digging into things and found that, from what I can tell, there are now numerous other values that need to be passed in to successfully create a new ticket (not an article) via web services.  Also, as far as I can tell, the the rpc-example.pl script and the documentation haven’t been updated to indicate that.  Ive included “before” and “after” examples below.  I don’t remember for sure anymore, but I think that this blog post was my starting point for creating my original processing page.

Code that worked BEFORE 3.1.4

[CODE:]

$TicketID = $client->__soapCall(
“Dispatch”, array($username, $password,
“TicketObject”, “TicketCreate”,
“Title”,        $title,
“Queue”,        “Raw”,
“Lock”,         “Unlock”,
“PriorityID”,   1,
“State”,        “new”,
“CustomerUser”, $from,
“CustomerID”, “some ID”,
“OwnerID”,      1,
“UserID”,       1,
));

[/CODE:]

Code that works for 3.1.6 (I skipped 3.1.4 and 3.1.5, but I assume it works there also.  I’ll test to see):

[CODE:]

$TicketID = $client->__soapCall(
“Dispatch”, array($username, $password,
“TicketObject”, “TicketCreate”,
“Title”,        $title,
“TypeID”,    2,
“QueueID”,   2,
“LockID”,  1,
“PriorityID”,   2,
“State”,        “new”,
“CustomerUser”, $from,
“CustomerID”, “some ID”,
“OwnerID”,      1,
“UserID”,       1,
));

[/CODE:]

Note that I had to add TypeID, change Queue to QueueID and Lock to LockID, all with corresponding ids from the database.  Whether this is the ONLY solution or not, I don’t know, but it did get things back to where I can submit via web services again.

Jeff Eske

Leave a Comment

If you would like to make a comment, please fill out the form below.

You must be logged in to post a comment.

© Copyright Jeff's Blog • Powered by Wordpress • Using Detour theme created by Brian Gardner.